Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review: MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation (Cream)

This is what MAC says about this foundation:
"A rich, luxurious compact foundation offering a creamy application for a flawless, medium-buildable, naturally revitalized, fully dimensional finish. Lightweight and silky to apply. Good for all skin types; particularly benefits dull and/or dry complexions. Provides super-hydrated, high-comfort wear and everyday SPF 15 sun protection."


I was so much in love with MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation that I almost made that my HG foundation and was kind of determined not to use anything else than that, even though it was two shades lighter than my skin tone, I used to darken it up with a darker shade of pressed powder. 
My friend Tansia is so hyped about this foundation that it made me think "okay, let's give this one a try!" :P And I knew that it is best for dry skin and I have hyper active oil glands on my face (thank you God for putting extra misery on my shoulder), but still, I was greedy! 

So, did it work for me? Or it was a total waste for money??? Let's find out! 


I absolutely LOVE this foundation, can't live without it! This is in the shade NC 35, which is again one shade lighter than my skin tone. But NC 35 worked fine for me when I was out of my country, that is I didn't have sun tan! My shade is NC 37 in this foundation, and I am NC 40 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. This foundation runs darker than other MAC foundations. It was $32 when I bought it.

I have literally stopped using MAC Studio Fix since I bought this. The texture of this foundation is almost similar to MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, just a little bit lighter than that. Its very creamy and gel based. It glides on effortlessly on the skin providing a medium coverage. I thought it would disappoint me as I have oily skin, and it is supposed to be great for dry skin, but honestly, I just can't think of living without this foundation! 

I use MAC 187 brush to apply this foundation. This leaves my skin with a satiny dewy finish, and does NOT wash off (due to the oil mines on my skin) after even 4-5hours! As I have mentioned before, this is a medium coverage foundation and can be built, but still, if you have too much acne or scars, you will need a concealer to pair with it, or a full coverage foundation.

I absolutely recommend this product, great for even oily skins! And yes, I am definitely going to repurchase it, this time in my right shade! 

                                              Update

Recently I repurchased this foundation and as I said, this time I got my right shade in NC 37. My previous one has already hit the pan and I didn't delay to repurchase again. I thought to share the swatches and update this review a bit so that I can include some photos of 'before and after' application of the foundation and also update my latest views on it.

As you already know I also have NARS Sheer Glow in my collection now, so I have been strictly using this foundation during the AM time. I avoid this foundation during night as I have realized the fact that this foundation doesn't photograph well at night when you use the flash of camera is used, as it has SPF in it. I use NARS Sheer Glow at night and religiously use MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation in the morning or afternoon. That way I don't have to use extra SPF (which I hate the most) and also no one needs flash to take outdoor pictures when the sun is up :P **camera conscious these days**

As i mentioned before this foundation has a medium buildable coverage, but lately I have also realized, if you want to layer this foundation to get a full or more than medium coverage, you might end up looking a bit cakey. May be the creamy texture is responsible for this? Dunno! :/

So here is the photo of the before and after application of this foundation (excuse my horrible skin). As you can see, this is just on the margin of a buildable medium coverage foundation and also it shows up that it doesn't photograph well if you use strong camera flash :/


wait, I am NOT finished yet. I told you this is NC 37, right? The one I had before in NC 35, so according to MAC's shade numbering, NC 35 should be lighter than NC 37. But God knows why I feel like NC 37 is a tad bit lighter than NC 35. Is it because NC 35 is quite old or it has almost touched the pan, while NC 37 is just brand new? Does foundation get dark when they are on finishing line? :/ 

Here is the swatch, left one is NC 35 and right one is NC 37.


and here is the the photo of how it is when you first open the packaging :$ sorry for making this post sooooo long :$


Did you use it? Let me know your opinions! 

Love and regards,
Eeshita


8 comments:

  1. yay im not the only one to find it out..nc-37 looks lighter than nc-35 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you noticed too!!!! :D yeah it's more visible in the pans!

      Delete
  2. do you think it wil work for my VERY oily skin?? i mean u mentioned u have oily skin but i have SUPER DUPER TROOPPPER oily skin :/ and my studio fix powder has hit the pan and and i reeeeealy feel like getting it :( nice post btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you should see my skin, it's nothing less than a frying pan :P it works fine for me, though I finish it with MAC MSFN.... and you know every skin is different... you can try it... it's not that bad either! :)

      Delete
  3. nice review but im a mac addict too and well starting my journey on to becomin a mua this summer internship at mac usa. and erm, they always say people with oily skin ' stay away from cream foundations'. matte liquid foundations are best for oily skin/. or mayb powders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I also heard that NARS Sheer Glow is best for dry skin people but it is one of my HG foundations. On the other hand, while MUFE Duo Mat is raved as a matte foundation but it freaked out my oily skin.

      thanks for your suggestions though :)
      xo

      Delete
  4. im way lighter than you and im nc42..i think you are using the wrong shade..it looks too light on you..it doesn't blend well with your natural color

    ReplyDelete