Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MAC Lipstick Mehr: swatch and review!

MAC lipstick Mehr was introduced in Mickey Contractor's collection in January 2011. It was so highly appreciated that MAC decided to include it in their permanent line along with three other shades and titled them as Middle Eastern Collection. I had my eyes on Mehr when it came out during the Mickey Contractor collection and as soon as MAC made it permanent I literally jumped to grab it!


According to MAC it's a dirty blue pink. It's a very subtle soft neutral pink and has a blue tone to it and makes it very flattering for a wide variety of skin tones.

Mehr belongs to the matte finish of MAC lipstick line but it's not a drying matte. It's soft and creamy when I apply it and doesn't tug or pull at the lips.

As it is mostly matte, the color coverage is opaque and delivers smooth layer on the first go. It comes with MAC's signature vanilla scent and "that black adorable packaging"!!


It's a very wearable color and anyone can wear it to the work without looking like over done. You can pair it with smokey eyes or even a soft neutral eyes. Let me tell you, this color may look a bit ashy on some complexions (I find myself belonging to one of those complexions) and you can take care of it by dabbing just a tad bit of bright pink to your lips or by applying a layer of clear gloss or a bit bright pinkish gloss over the top of it.

It wears almost 4hours on my lips. It doesn't settle into the fine lines.

To avoid ashy looks, apart from the above mentioned points I would also like to suggest not to apply two coats of it. And if you are wearing foundation, don't ignore your lips if you're intending to wear Mehr. Pigmented lips like mine may make Mehr look more ashy but applying foundation on your lips help a lot with the pigmentation.

I have included swatches on both my wrists and lips, with and without flash here:





Here is one of my photos wearing Mehr, but as I said it looks a bit ashy on my skin so I have dabbed some MAC Girl About Town (review here) on it and applied a layer of clear gloss over the top.


I would recommend it if you're looking for a subtle everyday wear pink. As I have mentioned above, Mehr will look beautiful on a wide range of skin tones.

Let me know if you own Mehr and how you feel about it.

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. I just got it last year it's lovely and goes with everything from winter to summer looks. love love love it. Currently looking for a heavily pigmented matte candy pink (not hot pink) shade for a spring look to go with purple/blue/green wide eyed looks. I hope you'd do a review on some color like that :) much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if candy pink will work on my complexion and I am quite scared to try any shade like that, but if I ever do any, I will certainly review and swatch it :)

      love and regards!

      Delete