Monday, April 22, 2013

MAC Lipstick: Girl About Town; swatch and review!


I was talking about Girl About Town with my friend, where we were discussing to buy this baby as Moxie was sold out (I wasn't planning on buying Moxie, I had my eyes on NARS Carthage for ages!); and all of on a sudden I got it as a gift! Gift, gift, precious gift lol ;)

Its USD 15 and CA$ 18, both excluding tax.

Comes in the regular MAC packaging and carries MAC's traditional vanilla scent, this color is an absolute love at first sight!

MAC describes it as bright blue fuchsia, it is a very bright medium dark fuchsia pink with blue undertones. NARS Carthage is a bit lighter and slightly less blue based than this one.


Girl About Town belongs to the Amplified Creme category (like Cosmo) and I must admit that I am a huge fan of MAC's Amplified Creme finishes. They do not dry out the lips which some matte finishes like Ruby Woo can, yet delivers an opaque coverage in just one pass. So this lipstick also falls under the category of "a little goes a long way" :D

It's not a matte lipstick and has a sheen to it. Some people do not prefer shiny bright lipsticks but this problem can easily be solved by blotting the lipstick! After blotting this lipstick gives a matte finished look without changing the color.

Left swatch: without flash, Right swatch: with flash

Above: with flash, Below: without flash

Girl About Town wears for 5-6hours on  me, closely around 5hours if I take heavy meals. It leaves a lovely stain on the lips even after its gone! 

Although this is not a very wearable color for everyday (unless you are confident enough to pull it for a go to usage), you can just dab this lipstick on your lips and even it out with your fingertips or a brush to get a beautiful pink stain on your lips.

Honestly, I wasn't confident enough to try such a bright fuchsia, but this bullet boosted up my confidence and I got compliments whenever I put it on.

I absolutely love Girl About Town, and this one color, I believe, can be flattering on a wide range of skin tone, starting from very fair to rich dark.

If you still don't have this shade in your collection, then please go and grab it right now! Let me know if you have used Girl About Town and how you feel.

Love and Regards,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment