Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

When it comes to buying mascara, I become super picky! My past experiences of buying whatever-I-get-handy has resulted only into loss of money, though I have also found some great products! Talking about Urban Decay's Big Fatty Mascara today, which is the second kind of mascara I have tried from this make up line. The first one was Supercurl Curling Mascara which is one of my all time favorites (review here)!


Bought two of this mascara from Urban Decay's website when it was on sale, may be last year! Retails for USD 20 at Sephora and Urban Decay's website.This is the second one, the first one I had to trash as I already used it for more than 6months.

The packaging is cute and colorful! I love colorful packaging :D

The wand is almost similar to Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara (review here). And the amount of product the wand catches is sufficient enough for one eye and not as much as the Loreal one picks. I love these kind of wands as it reaches my inner most lashes effortlessly.


The mascara is neither too dry nor too wet in texture.So it doesn't take too long to dry. But the consistency of the mascara is very thin and only two coats isn't enough for my super fine lashes! I often opt for 3 coats.

with two coats of mascara

The good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't drop my lashes down. I don't have to even curl my lashes prior applying this mascara. It curls the lashes itself to give my eyes an uplifting look.

three coats of mascara without curling prior the application

The thing I don't like about this mascara is that it is not as pigmented as Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara or UD Supercurl Curling Mascara. The blackness of this mascara isn't as black and this is what disappoints me a lot.

The wear of this mascara is really good! It stays on until I wipe it off and doesn't smudge. A thumbs up for this.

I will repurchase it if I get it on sale. Honestly I don't want to spend so much behind a mascara which I won't be able to use after 3-6 months.

Did you use Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara? Let me know how you find it!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment