Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review: Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara

I am really obsessed with mascaras (and all other make up stuffs as well) for past few months and have been trying out new products. Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara was one of my experimental try outs!


Bought it from Shoppers Drugmart, Toronto, and was around 9 to 10 Canadian Dollars. Forgot the price, as I bought loads of stuffs along with this one :/

This is a budget friendly mascara and I love budget friendly mascaras as you can't use a mascara for too long and spending a huge amount just for 3-5months doesn't make any sense to me! Well, that doesn't mean I won't be trying out any high end mascaras :P

The packaging is slick and travel friendly. The wand is pretty good and delivers product even in the inner most lashes. 



This mascara is wet in texture. It is indeed very black, so if you love your lashes to look very black, you can give it a try ;) but the formula is runny so it takes a good amount of time to dry.

If you have naturally thicker lashes only one coat will be enough. But my lashes are thin and have length but no volume. I have to apply two coats at least and after two coats it becomes clumpy. You have to be very careful and invest some time when you apply this mascara. Also the added misery is that a hell loads of product comes out on the wand, so every time I have to wipe off the extra and then apply it, otherwise its way to clumpy.



Not quite satisfied with it, but still I love this mascara. What I do is, I apply two coats of Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara, and then I apply one light coat of this one to add extra depth, color and shine to my lashes. I hardly wear this mascara alone. 

The wear of the mascara is quite satisfactory to me, as I don't put mascara on my lower lashes (too thin nd fine for the mascara wands to catch any lash) so can't really tell you if it smudges. But for upper lashes I didn't face any smudging and I can wear it happily for 5-6hours.

Yes, I would be repurchasing this again for the color and shine it adds to my lashes. 

Did you use Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara? Share your opinions with me!

Love and Respect,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment