Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer


I don't like to write any negative comments on any product, but this review of BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer is going to be a real harsh one!

I don't know what was going on in my mind when I bought this primer from Sephora, Toronto, worth CA$ 26. And I am still mad at myself for NOT returning it to Sephora the day I first used it. But I guess it wasn't as bad at the cold dry climate as it is here in Bangladesh. Still, it was not good either!

What a waste of 26bucks!!! I can NEVER forgive myself!


What it claims to do:
"Developed to combat flaky dryness, rough patches, fine lines, excess oil, enlarged pores, and uneven texture, this mineral-infused, satin-finish formula glides on seamlessly with no tacky feel to provide a skin-smoothing complexion prior to bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation application. Infused with soothing plant extracts, antioxidants, and nourishing vitamins C and E for added age-defying power."

The packaging is quite good! Comes with a pump that actually delivers the right amount of product you need and its portable too. 



Talking about the product, it does NOT help with any excess oil on my face, neither it does anything for pores or uneven skin textures. It does help with flaky skins though, so I guess dry skinned people may find it useful. I didn't need to moisturise my face during the dry climatic condition, where I tended to get a bit flaky skin on my forehead. I applied this one and it was enough oily for me to avoid any moisturiser. 

And this means, its a disaster for our hot humid weather. Does NOTHING except creating a smooth base for my foundation. Yes, it does glide on very smoothly and feels very satiny on the skin. I need a pea sized amount for my whole face though I try not to use it on my T Zone as its the oiliest part of my face and I don't want to add to the misery. 




I will never ever buy it again. I have learnt my lesson and I wouldn't recommend this for oily skinned people like me. Dry skinned people may give it a try. 

Did you try this product? Love it or leave it?

Respect and love,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment