Monday, July 9, 2012

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: my HG product as a setting powder or as low coverage foundation!!!! :D

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, quite a mouthful name, has been on top of my wishlist for a long time! finally, I could cut the name out of my wishlist! yesssssss!!!!


What MAC says about the product: "A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day."

My verdict on the product? you have to read more! :D

I bought mine from Dubai International Airport's Duty Free MAC Counter, which is NOT duty free I guess because they charged me USD 32 where as MAC website and out of airport stores charge USD 29.

Coming to the product:
This is my ABSOLUTE Holy Grail product, I can swear by this thing any time! I am NOT going to try any more products (without MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder) and this will always occupy a place in my make up collection.You can see how much I love this product if you see the pictures below, which compares the size of the dome of a new product and my one! And it has been only 3months since I have bought this. (bottom one is mine and top pic is taken from MAC's website; look at mine!!!! the dome is already flat!!!!!!!!!)






 The packaging of this compact is nice and sleek, doesn't come with any applicator though.


I have MAC MSFN in Medium Dark and I have used NOTHING (till date) that matches my skin tone so perfectly like this one does. Its like wearing my skin, just a better skin! It's just WOWWWWWW!!!!




Its a finely milled powder, and is beautifully pigmented and isn't chalky at all!! It never creates any grey cast on my face, I never had any break out issues with this product, in one word, its amazing!




I use it over my foundation to set it, with a kabuki or a large powder brush. It sets my foundation perfectly and adds a healthy glow to my skin.

You can use it on bare skin too, but as it is very much low in coverage so it doesn't do much with hiding any imperfections, but does illuminate which I love!

And YES, I do use it as my foundation too, when I am in hurry or too lazy to apply any foundation. How? I dampen my flat top kabuki brush either with water or with MAC Fix+, then swirl it on to the product and apply on my face. But, if I need a bit more coverage, I use a little bit of concealer prior to the application of MAC MSFN. I do get the BEST result pairing it with the Fix+, water does well too, but just a teensy bit better coverage is achieved if I use MAC Fix+. Result? you can check my photo below, where I am wearing no foundation, only MAC MSFN and Fix+ :) :) and a teensy bit of concealer to hide my dark circles.




Well, it doesn't stay matte for a long time, this is one negative point of this product, specially with oily skins like mine. I have to reapply it if I use it on top of my foundation.

It just adds the perfect radiance I always wanted to see on my face. I can't express how much I love this product! I am going to run and repurchase this one even if tends to hit the pan. Sorry to be such a drama queen, but I can't help to control my emotions when I talk about this product lol :P

I recommend this for the oily skin girls, or even for the dry skin ones, or even for the normal skin girls. Try it out girlies, you will fall in love for sure!

Have you used this product? Love it? Let me know!

Much love and respect,
Eeshita.

10 comments:

  1. if you dont mind ..eta ki medium dark or m.deep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apu its medium dark... medium deep is a bit darker than this :)

      Delete
  2. thanx..actually im confused..an nc-25 friend of mine uses this in m.dark...i'm nc-35+..das y asked <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apu if you're sure that you're NC 35 you can buy this one! it matches my skin tone perfectly, and I am somehow in between NC 37 to NC 42 (my skin tone keeps changing through out the year)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks hun! I love it when I see people following my blog, instead of fb page lol :P

      Delete
  4. chimti :D..even my skintone fluctuates from nc-37-42..nc-35 looks kinda gray on me...thanx for the help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studio Fix NC 35 looks grey on me too :/ but mineralize SPF 15 er NC 35 is just a teensy bit lighter but I can handle that :D thanks for keeping an eye on my blog hun <3 :*

      Delete
  5. I tried using it with my Fix+ and it does look awesome! But how do you deal with the hard layer that then forms ontop of the dome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just swirl a really dense brush over the top of the dome... if it doesn't work then you can use a muslin cloth or any piece of cloth and swipe the top... hope this helps and sorry for being terribly late in replying xo

      Delete