Sunday, July 22, 2012

MAC Lipstick "THE" Ruby Woo: Swatch and Review!

So here is my MAC's Famous Ruby Woo's review and swatch! I know many of you want to know about this color, hope this review helps you a bit! :)


I know MAC Russian Red has a hype so I tried Russian Red first, and honestly I didn't like Russian Red. This wasn't my red at all :( I tried Ruby Woo at the MAC store and found it too hard and dragging on my skin. I was so dishearten that I though I might not be able to wear any of the famous reds of MAC. Then all of on a sudden I made my mind and picked up Ruby Woo from MAC Store at the Eaton Center, Toronto, Ca.

It was CA$ 17.50 when I bought it, excluding tax.


The packaging is just like other MAC lipsticks of their permanent regular line. It comes with the signature vanilla scent which makes me eat the whole layer from my lips >_<


Its a true matte lipstick and id a retro red! Very bright and blue based, almost opaque in texture, this lipstick would suit any skin tone I believe. MAC describes it as very matte vivid blue red, which is absolutely right! This red has a very classic, vintage vibe! Its true that its very very matte and drags a bit, but this doesn't make the application a mess and it wears like champ!

 I have an experience of wearing this lipstick for over 6hours without fading, that too I live in a warm humid country! This lipstick, to my surprise, survived overly greasy meals(Biriyani and other Indian masala foods, rich in ghee :P ) and didn't feather a micro millimeter! It stains my lips even after its fully gone (after I bite my lips crazily) and I need a good make up remover to remove it fully from my lips. Hats off to you, Ruby Woo! ;)

Just remember to scrub your lips to create a flawless canvas for this lipstick. Or else it might bring out your chapped lips. I use it over MAC Prep+Prime Lip and do I need to say more??? lol

As this is a blue based red, it makes my teeth appear whiter unlike the warm toned reds.

I was always scared of trying out bright red lipsticks, though I absolutely love women with red lips, and I loved the fact that a red lipstick can make a woman utterly sexy, charmingly classy and make her  stand out in a crowd. But I always hesitated wearing bright blue red, but I don't, now, since I have found MAC Ruby Woo.

I have included swatches on my wrist and on my lips too, and I have also included two photos, one before the "Biriyani" meal and one after it :D

Swatch on my wrist

swatch on my lips(without camera flash)

Swatch on my lips (with flash)

Before the meal version ;)

after the meal version ;)

Yes , this is my HG Red Lipstick, and I am absolutely in love with everything about it! I would run and repurchase this bullet throughout my life!

I recommend it to all my friends, girls, give this one a try and you'll know why I am so much in love with this lipstick. Anyone can rock red lips, if they have Ruby Woo in her collection!

Did you use Ruby Woo? Let me know how you feel about it!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.


4 comments:

  1. You look amazing!

    Definitely only must posit that the matte finish of Ruby Woo can be very drying, so layer on a thin layer of lip balm over it and you will feel delicious.

    Great review!

    xo!


    with love and aloha, Mae
    // thereafterish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your opinions and suggestions hun :) I am really honored that you checked my blogpost <3

      love and hugs,
      Eeshita

      Delete
  2. i love how it looks on u here in these pics..but on me it looks more bluish..not much happy..i fix it using tellow based red lipliner..good review btw :) check out my blog ven u get time http://misssunshine3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for checking out! means a lot :)

      love,
      Eeshita

      Delete