Monday, July 23, 2012

A little something I have tried: First Attempt with colors! :D

This look was requested by one of my sister, though the one she asked me to do was far different from the one I have done here. I hope she likes it. And I have done the pictorial for her too :)

Step 1:
Prime your lid at first. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.

Step 2:
Start with applying NYX Zumbo Pencil in milk on your lid. Then blend it with a brush or finger. I have used my finger.


 Step 3:
Apply A red eye shadow on the outer V. I have used shade number 109 from Bh Cosmetics 120 Eye shadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review here for the reference to the numbering), with MAC 239.



 Step 4:
Fill the outer V slightly with the same shadow and an eye shadow brush, I have used the previous red shade with MAC 239.


 Step 5:
Blend the color well, with a blending brush. I have used MAC 217. Blend upto the two third of your eye crease, leaving one third that is the inner corner untouched.


Step 6:
With the help of an angle brush or any brush you are comfortable with, use a shade lighter than the previous red on the inner blank corner. I have used shade number 110 from Bh Cosmetics 120 Eye shadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review here for the reference to the numbering), with MAC 239. Blend the colors with a blending brush, I have used MAC 217.


 Step 7:
Now taking a bit stiffer shadow brush, apply an yellow eye shadow on the inner one third of your eye lid. If your eyeshadow isn't enough pigmented and tends to fall out a lot, just try to push/pack the color gently. Avoid sweeping motion, sweeping won't allow you to get a good color pay off. I have followed the same way, and applied shade number 44 from Bh Cosmetics 120 Eye shadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review here for the reference to the numbering), with urban Decay Shadow Karma Brush.


Step 8:
using a stiffer brush again and following the push/pack method, apply an orange-ish color on the remaining part of the lid. I have used shade number 54 from Bh Cosmetics 120 Eye shadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review here for the reference to the numbering), with with Urban Decay Shadow Karma Brush.


Step 9:
Blend all the colors with a very light hand, using a blending brush. I have used MAC 217 here.


Step 10:

with the help of an angle brush or any brush you are comfortable with, make a V with a deep dark brown, on your outer V. I have used Smashbox Java with urban Decay shadow Karma brush. Blend the brown into the red very well, with a blending brush like MAC 217. you can skip applying this brown shadow, I did this step as only the red-orange-yellow weren't very much appealing on my skin tone :(


Step 11:
With a large Shadow brush apply a matte highlighter on your browbone. I have used Smashbox Vanilla.



Step12:
Tightline your upper water line with a black eye pencil. I have used l'oreal 16hr infalliable carbon black eye pencil. Apply a thin layer of eyeliner on the lower lash line and also apply eyeliner on your upper lash line. I have used MAC Blacktrack Fluidline.


Step 13:
using an angled brush, apply a purple eyeshadow on your lower lash line. I have used shade number 85 and 87 from Bh Cosmetics 120 Eye shadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review for the reference to the numbering), with MAC 266.


Step14:
Apply some good coats of mascara. I have used Covergirl and L'oreal Mascara and you are done! :)

Here is the finished look! I haven't done anything with the face so couldn't add any full face photo. If you want to do this look, try to keep your lips nude.

























Hope you like it!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment