Sunday, July 8, 2012

A little something I have tried: Despite disliking purple, here's a purplish look!

I don't like Purple, not at all... Its just NOT my color... I can never pull it off, NEVER! but my friends wanted me to do purple-ish look so here I am with purple... another pictorial for all my purple lover friends :)

Step 1:
Prime your lid at first. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original. If you are a bit heavy handed and still want a sharp line, apply a tape on the outer corner.

Step 2:
Start with applying a shimmery purple color which has a lot of glitters to it on you lid with a eyeshadow brush. if yo don't have any glittery purple, don't bother, you can add some glitters later. And anyways, my glitters didn't stay there after blending, so glitter isn't a big issue lol :P I have used Smashbox Amethyst using MAC 239.


Step 3:
Apply a plummish pinkish purple (sorry can't describe colors) on the outher portion of your lid, using an eyeshadow brush again. I have used Smashbox Frambois with MAC 239.


Step 4:
Apply a darker plummish purple, which has a strong reddish brown undertone on the outer V with a eyeshadow brush. I have used Smashbox Cabernet with MAC 239.


Step 5:
Slightly bring the plummish purple into the one third portion of your lid. I have used smashbox Cabernet with MAC 239. you can also use an angled brush to do this.


 Step 6:
Use that plummish purple onto the outer half of your lower lashline. I have used Smashbox Cabernet.


Step 7:
Use the plummish pinkish purple on to the inner half of your lashline and blend the two colors. I have used an eye shadow brush to do this. you can use an angled or a pencil brush to do this. (I was too lazy to change the brush lol)


Step 8:
Using a clean blending brush start blending the colors on your crease. I have used MAC 217. Its "blend blend blend" time!!! :D


Step 9:
Using a pencil or dome shaped brush use a shimmery pinkish color (that has a slight purple undertone to it) to the inner corner of your eyes. Bring it slightly to the inner one third of the crease and blend blend blend with the darker shade of the crease. I have used Smashbox Rose with a No 7 brush.


Step 9:
Apply a blue eye pencil on your lower waterline. As i have lost my blue eye pencil, so I have used Smashbox gel liner in Picasso with MAC 266.


Step 10:
Apply a matte highlighting color to your brow bone. I have used Smashbox Vanilla.


Step11:
Tightline your upper water line with a black eye pencil. Apply a thin layer of eyeliner on the lower lash line, and lightly smudge it to blend with the colors you applied before. Apply eyeliner and some good coats of mascara. I have used MAC Blacktrack Fluidline and Covergirl and Loreal Mascara. I have skipped clicking these steps as I already got tired! phhheeeewwwww :P

Here are some (actually a lot) images of the complete look. I don't have any full face look today, purple made me tired lol but I have clicked some photos with diffused flash, so I will categorize them accordingly :)

Diffused flash:







With Flash:




Without Flash:



hope it helped! Let me know if you have any suggestions on the areas to improve!

Much love and respect,
Eeshita

No comments:

Post a Comment