Friday, July 6, 2012

A little something I have tried: A bit peacock-ish eyes and my first ever pictorial! :D

yyyyyaaayyyyy this is my first ever pictorial. It was a bit chaotic to click while I was doing my makeup, but I did that!!!!!! whooooo!!!! Let me know if you have any suggestion for how to make pictorials more clear and understandable for you! and also, suggest the areas to improve on the eye makeup! :D

 **Prime your lid at first. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original. If you are a bit heavy handed and still want a sharp line, apply a tape on the outer corner.

**Start with creating a line with a dark blue shade, using an angular or an eyeliner brush. As I dont have any eyeliner brush, so I used MAC 266 which is an angular brush. Create a winged liner with the dark blue shade and fill up your outer V with the shade. I have used Smashbox Nocturnal.


**Then using a flat eyeshadow brush, use a bit lighter shade of the dark blue you have used previously beside the dark blue shade to create a graduation of color. I have used Smashbox Azure with MAC 239.


**Use a white or light blue eyeshadow base on the inner portion of the lid. I have used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and blended it with MAC 217, to even out the base.


**again using a flat eyeshadow brush, use a baby blue eyeshadow. I have used MAC Aquadisiac using MAC 239.


**Using a dome shaped small blending brush (you can use brush like MAC 219) apply a shimmery shade of bluish olive. I have used Smashbox Peacock using No 7 blending brush.


**Again using a angled brush push some goldenish olive greenish color (lol sorry I am soooo bad at decribing colors) above the winged liner you created with dark blue. I have used two colors here, one is Smashbox Zoom and another is shade number 32 from BH Cosmetics 120 eyeshadow palette (please check my BH Cosmetics Palette review for the reference of the numbering here); using MAC 266. Leave 1/3rd of your crease bare.


**Take a blending brush and blend the colors on your outer part. Blend blend blend! :D I have used MAC 217 to do that.


**take the dark blue and the liner or the angled brush again and recreate the shape of the winged liner.


**Take a little bit of dark green on the tip of your blending brush and apply to the outer part, and blend blend blend! :D I have used Smashbox Serpent and MAC 217.


**take the bluish olive shade and apply to the remaining inner part of the crease. I have used Smashbox Peacock. and blend blend blend again! :D


**Use a highlighter on your brow bone. I have used MAC Nylon.


**Tightline your upper and lower water line. I have used Loreal Infalliable Eyeliner in carbon black.


**Apply eyeliner and good coats of mascara. I have skipped this part as it depends on your choice of applying eyeliner. I kept the lower lashline very simple to emphasize on the colors on my eyes. If you want you can always use a thicker line of eyeliner!  and I applied concealer to clear up any fall outs on the lower part of my eyes.

Here is the finished look, followed by a huge number of images of the look :D
























Hope this helps!


I have listed the products I have used on my face and lips below.

Products I have Used:

Face~
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
MAC Blush in Peachykeen
Smashbox Softlights in Lens and Shimmer to highlight my cheekbone

Lips~
NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Gold Pink

Eyes~ (only mentioned the products I didn't mention in the pictorial)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
Smashbox Brow Tech Powder: Brunette

Let me what do you think about the look and my first pictorial!

Much love and respect,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment