Monday, July 9, 2012

MAC Lipstick: Cosmo, swatch and review


I was trying to find out a shade similar to L'oreal Colour Juice Stick in Chai Love You in MAC lipstick and the sales lady at that particular MAC counter handed me Cosmo! I paid CA $ 17.50 (excluding tax) for this. 


So the packaging is chic and simple and classy and something I love :P




Cosmo belongs to the Amplified Creme group of MAC Lipstick. and MAC describes it as Pink Coco. I find it a warm shade of pink, and a bit brownish pink. It has MAC's signature vanilla scent to it, which I absolutely adore!

without flash


with flash


The color is pretty cute! Well it washes me out in person, as I am MAC NC 40-42, but I think this will look beautiful on fair skin! But this photographs very very well, I am just thinking to mix it with a brighter pink shade or a plum or red shade to give this color a more lift. but haven't done the experiment yet.....The color is almost opaque and the swatches I did below are result of one swipe only! I feel like camera flash changes the color of Cosmo, but yeah, I am highly confused at times. so please check and let me know if you think like me :P


with flash


without flash


without flash


with flash



me! wearing Cosmo :D :D


this wears for a pretty good time. If you do not have the bad habit of biting your lips (unfortunately I have that), then this color will stay put for 4-5hours; and adding to that, also if you don't eat too much oily food too!

If you want to add a hint of pink on your lips, and you are of warmer skin tone, you can think of giving Cosmo a try. Darker skinned girls like me can find this color washing them out, but it will rock a fair skinned girl!

Hope this helps!

Much love and respect,
Eeshita.

P.S.: this shade is nowhere near to L'oreal Colour Juice Stick in Chai Love You by the way :P

No comments:

Post a Comment