Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Little Something I have Tried: Color Block Eye Make Up, Mitupu named it Rainbowlicious :D


I wanted to do a color block make up but wasn't sure how to execute my plan. My favourite NV Cosmetics arranged a competition where you had to do something related to your fantasy and I entered that competition with this look.

I have used BH Cosmetics 120 eye shadow palette mostly, and as I did my right eye first (thats so stupid of me uuurrrggghhh) so I had to do the pictorial with my left eye, and as a result this pictorial is a bit messy and incomplete. I will try my best to explain in words, where I have missed to click the steps :/ I have used only 2 brushes for applying and blending the eyeshadows, they are MAC 217 and Sigma E30. I will mention otherwise where i have used different brushes or fingers. as this a color blocking method, blending wasn't my first priority, instead I had to think about the colors that would compliment each other.

Step 1:
Prime your lid at first. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.

Step 2:
Start with applying NYX Zumbo Pencil in milk on upper lid upto the brow bone. Then blend it with a brush or finger. I have used my finger.




Step 3:
Apply a yellow eye shadow on your brow bone and bring it lightly just above the inner corner of your eye.



Step 4:
Apply an orange eyeshadow on the inner one third of your lid. I have missed clicking that part.

Step 5:
Apply a red eyeshadow on the lid, right beside the orange and bring it upto the crease.


Step 6:
Blend the colors with a very light hand so that the edges are not to harsh.


Step 7:
Apply a plummish violet color on the outer corner and blend gently.





Step 8:
Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in milk on the lower lash line and blend with fingers.



Step 9:
Apply a lemon green color on the inner one third of the lower lash line. I have missed clicking this part.

Step 10:
Apply a cobalt blue eyeshadow on the remaining part of the lower lashline and blend with the green. I have used Smashbox Azzure here. With the same eyeshadow create a winged shape liner and smudge it out a bit so that its not too harsh.



Step 11:
Apply a navy blue eyeliner on the lower waterline. Tight line the upper waterline and apply eyeliner. Eyeliner is optional, but I believe it gives more depth to the whole look. Apply good coats of mascara and you're done!

Tons of images of the complete look below! :D











P.S.: This is not a wearable look I believe :)

For face~

*Bare Escentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer
*NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
*Urban Decay e/s Virgin to highlight my cheekbone


For Lips~
*MAC Prep+Prime Lip
*NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Gold Pink
*MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo


Let me know how you find it.

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. appi if u dnt mind can i ask u smthing ai nyx jumbo eye pencil dile ki lav hoy ... i mean kajta ki atar .... i knw lil bit silly ques .. bt i hv no idea abt dat thing ... btw u r luking nic dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apu jumbo pencil doesn't work as a primer but it enhances the colors of your eye shadows... depending on which color eyeshadows you want to put on, apply a layer of relevant colored NYX jumbo pencil before hand. it really pops out the color! <3 hope this helps :)

      Delete