Friday, October 5, 2012

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack: My HG Gel liner for now!


I know this is a very old product to review, but hey! this is new for me and I know most of you would be helped if I review it and compare it with other gel liners I have used.

MAC Blacktrack Fluid line was CAD $17.50 when I bought it.


What MAC says about the product:
"Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately"

MAC describes it as flat black, and I can't agree more with the description! :)

Tha packaging is cute, I love the glass pot with the black lid. Its simple, yet beautiful! (well, my brother wants the pot when I am done with it)


The texture of the product is creamy and smooth and satiny. It feels like whipped cream or a bit melted icecream or a bit melted butter! The smoothness is of that level which you always hope for and crave too.

Its a very smudge proof gel liner. Once applied, it wears like a champ. No smudging, no bleeding. You can wear it and watch movies that make you cry and your eyeliner will still be there, stubbornly set! Its water proof, though MAC doesn't claim it to be one, but you can't simply rinse it off with water. You will need a make up remover to remove it fully. See the following image. I have applied Blacktrack (the middle swatch) and rubbed my hands quite frantically, and its still there!


It is safe to use on the waterline. I dip my eye pencils in it when I am in a hurry and voila! I am done for the day!

Though its smudge proof and water proof, it doesn't dry out too fast once applied, so you get plenty of time to smudge it with a brush or fingers to achieve a smokey look, but you have to do it before it sets for the day, because once set, you can't smudge it until you wrestle with your eyes.

The pigmentation of Blacktrack is heavenly! Only one stroke is enough to deliver very black lining.

You have to buy brush separately, and I use MAC 266 and Sigma E10 to do precise lining, specially the Sigma one is BEST for precise application.


Remember, gel liners tend to dry out soon, so will Blacktrack (my one hasn't started drying out yer, fingers crossed), so it is recommended that the lid to should be tightly closed and I have also heard people saying to store it upside down to prevent drying out.

I am going to compare it with two other gel liners, one is Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in black, and Smashbox gel Liner in Cavier. Maybelline has less pigmentation than Blacktrack, while Smashbox is close to Blacktrack for pigmentation. Application differs too, for maybelline one, I have to re-dip and reapply it to achieve my desired jet black liner, while Smashbox has a better color pay off quality. The staying power of Maybelline one is as good as Blacktrack, it doesn't smudge and is "almost" waterproof, while Smashbox smudges like hell and starts fading out within an hour or two and also it is nowhere near waterproof! See the image below, the left swatch is of Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in black, the middle one is of MAC Blacktrack Fluidline and the right most one is of Smashbox gel Liner in Cavier.



NO cons of MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, seriously I can't say a bad thing about this product!

Will be repurchasing this product as long as I do not find something better than this (and I doubt there is anything) and suggest it for anyone looking for a smudge proof, water proof, jet black eye liner with a creamy heavenly texture.

How do you find MAC Blacktrack? Let me know your opinions in the comments.

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment