Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: Loreal Carbon Black 16HR Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner

Today I will be reviewing Loreal Carbon Black 16HR Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner, quite a long name!



I bought this from Shoppers Drug Mart, Toronto, Canada and unfortunately I forgot the price. But I believe it won't exceed CA$ 12, excluding tax.

This is an awesome budget friendly eyeliner! I have super oily skin but somehow my eyeliner stays put unless I smudge it with my fingers, which I do often. I grabbed this one on a quick notice as my previous eyeliner pencil ran out. And I am happy that I got this one :)

Its a mechanical eyeliner, which comes with a sharpner and a silicone smudger, though I hardly use the sharpner and the smudger. I find the smudger a bit hard and might be a problem for those with sensitive eyes.



It applies smoothly and glides on really well. The color is carbon black, so it is black but may be not as black as Urban Decay's Perversion.

I never wore this one for 16hours honestly, but I didn't find it to crease upto 8hours which is my highest record of wearing eyeliner.

What I love to do with this one is, I dip this one into gel eyeliners, like MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, Smashbox Caviar, Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. Specially when I dip in MAC's Fluidline I get very black application which I absolutely love! 


You can see an example how smudge-proof it is. The first line is freshly applied eye liner. Second one, I smudged twice with my fingers, third one 4 times, and fourth one 6times. 



If you have tremendous oily eyelids and if your eyeliner fades and smudges very fast, then you might need to try something else. As one of my cousins tried this one and she was quite disappointed as this faded within 3hours of application. But when dipped into MAC Fluidline, she got a wear of almost 8hours.

Yes I would repurchase it again. Because this is budget friendly, applies smoothly and has a good color pay off, and for my eyes, it stays put upto my satisfaction.

Did you ever try this? Share your opinions!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. i love how you said dip it into a pot for a longer application! great tip :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete