Monday, April 29, 2013

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick: Catrhage, swatch and review!

I had my eyes on Carthage since I learned to wear bold pink on my lips! Got it months ago, but as I took a long break from blogging, so I am kind of late with the review and swatch.


When I bought it from Sephora it was USD 25, but they have increased the price now so you'll have to pay USD 26 now. But in Canada, it still is at it's old price, CAD 32.

The packaging is slick and easy to carry, but can be prone to catch finger prints and dust.


As described by NARS it is a hot pink color and it really is. It adds a vibrant pop of color to my face and does justice to my teeth :D by that I mean my teeth looks whiter! :D


I have felt that NARS pure matte lipsticks are not purely matte, which is a good thing! The two lipsticks I have used, Mascate and Carhage, both tend to belong to modern matte finish. Carthage has slight sheen to it, but isn't as glossy as MAC's Girl About Town. It's not a dry matte like Ruby Woo, it rather hydrates my lips.

It is a blue based pink and it is pinker than Girl About Town and has less fuchsia in it. I have also noticed that the blue undertone isn't as stronger as Girl About Town.

The color pay off is excellent! It delivers opaque color coverage in almost one pass and blotting and re-applying ensures excellent color pay off with a vibrant pop of color!

Carthage wears on for 5-6 hours without heavy meal and when gone, leaves a beautiful pink stain on the lips! **how I love lipsticks that leave stains behind**

Again, this isn't a everyday color unless and until you love wearing bold colors everyday but to be honest, I tend to reach for Carthage more than Girl About Town since I got it!

The only problem with this and other Pure Matte Lipsticks are they are not conventional bullet type lipsticks. The top of the lipstick is tapered and you have to have precise hand if you want to apply them without any brush.

here are the swatches on my wrist and my lips. I have also included one photo of me wearing it!


 
 


Let me know how you find Carthage! and don't ever be in dilemma about picking this color! It will flatter any skin tone and any skin color!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful apu, cool toned lipstick e kintu amra jara tanned taderke bhalo lagar kotha na. You proved this theory absolutely wrong! I want Carthage now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks more fuchsia on you. sadly enough it looks like a very dark fuchsia on me... i'm on the prowl for a bright fuchsia matte lipstick... can't find one anywhere... closest I got to it was one from Make-Up Store at Covent Garden, London :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC Moxie has been a hype lately, do you have it? you can blot carthage to get a subtle, lighter and matte fuchsia finish :)

      Delete