Saturday, November 10, 2012

Swatch and review: NARS Blush in Orgasm



So here I am today reviewing NARS cult favourite blush Orgasm. I never intended to buy this one, but someone asked me to buy this for her when I was visiting Toronto, and then she never showed up! So here goes my CA$32 (excluding tax, from Sephora) behind a product I never wanted to buy and UNFORTUNATELY I don't seem to like very much, either!


The packaging is NARS signature packaging prone to finger prints and dirt  This packaging also catches the shimmer it has on the blush, and I dislike the fact, kind of. Its very much portable and the inner part of the lid carries a mirror, and I love the fact that the mirror covers the whole lid, unlike many other products.



It is described as peachy pink with shimmer. Though when applied it seems more pink to me, a warm pink with peach gold sheen and shimmer. Though many are comfortable with the shimmer I feel it is a bit too much chunky shimmery for my complexion and the shimmers are a tad bit away from the definition of "finely milled" (as I said its 'chunky').


The application is smooth, though the color itself is not very intense. It emphasizes more on the sheen and shimmers rather than the peachy pink color. Though NARS describes their blushes as "provides a sheer, natural hint of colour" but I feel, for deeper complexions like us, Orgasm may be just a heavily loaded shimmery blush, with almost no intensity of the color itself.

left: heavily swatched, right: blended out :)

The color itself has a very sheer application, so I feel like on my complexion, it fades out around 4 hours, leaving ONLY the shimmers behind and a almost invisible pinkish shade on the cheeks. I never use a highlighter when I use this blush, the sheen and shimmer is enough to make me look like shiny and oily :/

I have heard TiffanyD saying that this was her favourite blush and she thinks the chunky bits of shimmers gradually falls out with time and with application, so yes, I am waiting for the shimmers to vanish, because, with less shimmers this would be a lovely color.

I think people with fairer skin tone would love this product as it applies very lightly.

Nope Nope Nope! I am never going to repurchase this again. Done with Orgasm, I would better look for something that is not so highly raved, Seriously, what's wrong with me and all these highly raved products??? I really wanted to like this product and write a very raved review about it, but sigh....

Did you like NARS Orgasm? Let me know in comments.

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. looks more like a shimmery eye-shadow rather than a blush..i've heard people rave about this for ages. after seeing this swatch it doesn't look that "special" to me :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. neither did it appeal to me ever :/ will never repurchase it, as I mentioned :S

      Delete