Sunday, June 24, 2012

MAC Prep+Prime Lip: will die if it's discontinued!

What Mac says about this product:
" A color free base to wear under lipstick. Adds light moisture, smoothes and refines the lips. Improves the appearance of applied lip products."
My little story: I was introduced with this product at the MAC counter in Dubai International Airport. The MUA at the store applied this on my lips, before she put Russian Red. Honestly, I didn't like Russian Red much, I wanted to try Ruby Woo, but unfortunately they didn't have it there. So anyways, I boarded my flight after 2hours and clicked some self photographs where I hated myself with MAC Russian Red on my lips. I was trying to wipe off the lipstick, and generally the colors on my lips are removed only with one or two swipes at most, but I was struggling to wipe off the lipstick this time! I asked for 3 more wipes from the cabin crew and then finally I could get over with Russian Red. I was wondering what was the reason behind the extra effort it took to wipe of the lipstick??? And I got my answer all of on a sudden! Geez, that lady at store used that lip primer!!!!!!!!!! I made up my in an instant: "IAM going to get this product the first time I visit any MAC store in Toronto!"
I bought this from The Scarborough Town Centre, and it was CA $18 excluding tax. The packaging is a classic Prep+Prime packaging, with glitters on both tube and the box, and I love the packaging as I do for all other Prep+Prime packagings! :) you get 1.7gm of product in a tube.
So the main product comes in a tube and operates like a lipstick. It has its signature MAC's vanilla flavor which I absolutely LOVE! It goes on transparent once you apply it. I have heard people hating it or comparing it to a normal lip balm, but it is NOT, for crying out loud!!!! You just have to know how to apply it. What I do is, I apply this on my lips, wait for 2minutes, then it becomes slightly sticky. Yes it does feel like a lip balm when you first apply it but just leave it for 1-2minutes and you will know the difference! 

The MUA at the store gave me a little piece of advice. She asked me to apply it also around the edge of my lips and I have been doing that as per her advice. The result is AWESOME! No budging, no feathering, no bleeding, and hats off with the extra wearing life it gives to my lipstick. It smoothes out the line and helps to show off the true color of your lipstick!!! Oh My My, I just can't rave enough about this product! 

but but but, if you have super super super dry lips, you still need to scrub your lips before hand. Then apply this primer, and you will see the miracle!

Honestly, we use primer for eyeshadows, face, why do we always tend to avoid lips????

This IS my HG product for lip, and I will keep repurchasing it till the end of day!

Yes I do recommend the product. I know its on a higher end, but who doesn't want lipstick to stay longer, show off the real color, be smudgeproof and feathering proof????

Give it a go girls, it will NEVER ever disappoint you :)

I am providing a picture below, showing the result on my wrist! :)



2nd and 4th swatches from the left are done on Prep+Prime Lip, 1st and 3rd one are done on bare skin.

I love this product, and yes I do recommend it!

Love and respect,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. Eeshita, but do the colors look different with the primer? I mean it looks different on the photo(to me).Another great review BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no it doesn't... my lips are a bit pigmented so it helps to reduce the appearance of my pigmentation if I am wearing a not-so-opaque lipstick or lipgloss. I don't think it will change the color as it is colorless :)

      Thanks a lot for appreciating! means a lot :)

      Love...

      Delete