Saturday, June 23, 2012

MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: Is it really needed???

What MAC says about  Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder:
"A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin."


 This was $22 for 9gm when I bought it a year ago, now its $23 for 8gm!!! Seriously MAC???? $1 up on the price and 1gm down on the weight??? That sounds so NOT good, to be very honest!

The packaging is so cute, I mean I am in love with the lid! :P JK, the whole packaging is pretty!
Let's get into the business I mean let's talk about the product now!

I bought this product during my search for the HG Primer for my super oily skin (the search ain't over yet!).. When I opened the box I was a bit skeptical. Why?? Because the super fine powder scared the sh*t out of me! I thought its certainly going to cast a grey mask on my face. I was hesitant when I first applied it, but once applied I was like "Whoa! Did I actually put up any loose powder right now????" I was amazed to see how splendidly it blended into my skin! Thumbs up MAC!!!!


The consistency of the powder is very very VERY thin. I am not exaggerating a bit, just try this out and you will know! Its so thin that once you open the lid, an explosion happens! Yes, that's the main drawback of the packaging. It does come with a sticker kinda protection that covers the holes (and trust me I still Have that sticker on) but since this thing went through a hell loads of turbulence (!!??), a good amount of powder always sits on the top to explode when I open it (you can see the above picture to understand what I mean by "good amount"). So I always turn off my ceiling fan, even the air conditioner before I open this.

I use it with a large powder brush and you need a very little amount for a whole face and neck application. A little goes a really looooooooooooong (yes that long) way! 

I use it in the following way:
**Any Primer+MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder+Foundation+Again MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder+Compact
**Any Primer+Foundation+MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder only
**Foundation+MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder+Compact
**Just MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder+Compact
**Primer+MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
**ONLY MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Okay,
the bad thing about this primer is it does NOTHING for the pore, atleast for me! It does control oil, but NOT for too long that can satisfy me. When I wear it alone, my face becomes darker after few hours! It does set the foundation amazingly and hold back the oil for a couple of hours, but the oil control factor doesn't meet upto my mark. I have to retouch my T-zone once the oil control time is over.

One more thing. If you apply it more it won't show off in your skin, but it will show off when you take pictures with strong (or even not that strong) flash, atleast I feel like I get a grey or white cast on my face when photos are taken with flash.

Also, when observed closely, specially if you are like me, you can find some sparkly particles in this powder, specially under strong lights. But yes, you have to have falcon's eyes for that! ;)

I am posting two photos, one with flash, another without. You can check if you can see the sparkly particles in the photo taken with flash.

                                                                    With Flash

                                                                  Without flash

I recommend this for people who want to set their foundation amazingly, and people with oily combination skin. If you want your foundation to look flawless, go grab this one. But if you want something to control your oil (specially if you have hidden oil mines under your skin like me), I don't think you will love this product for that particular purpose! Neither it did anything for pores...

I don't think I am going to buy this product any sooner (or ever), I still have PLENTY left to use for next 2years atleast (even if it explodes like a volcano every time I open the lid)!

Did you use it? Like it or leave it?? Let me know!!!

Respect and love,
Eeshita.









No comments:

Post a Comment