Sunday, July 28, 2013

MAC Lipstick: Rebel, swatch and review!


I know I am late in reviewing this legendary lipstick but better late than never. And I also know that there are thousands of reviews out there but I think, my verdict on this lipstick also counts ^_^ so here I go!

Bought from MAC, priced at USD 15 (excluding tax), Rebel comes in MAC's  "that-pretty-black-case" packaging of their permanent line's lipsticks. It belongs to the Satin Category and carries the same signature vanilla scent.


The color of this lipstick as MAC describes is Midtonal Cream plum. For me, Rebel is a deep berry shade and has a slight sheen to it. The undertone of this lipstick is different in different lights, and on different skin tones and on different lips. On my skin tone and on my lips,under different lighting  sometimes it shows a fuchsia undertone, sometimes a bit purple, and of course red at times. But I find it is more berry than the Guerlain Orgueil (swatch and review here), which has a more red tone to it. I have seen people describing it as different colors, so I believe Rebel is a multi-dimensional color ;) The color that shows in the tube is very vampy, but when you put it on, it's a very wearable one. 


As it's a Satin finish lipstick, it's softer and silkier in application than the matte finish ones. It glides on effortlessly on lips and is opaque at one pass, which is a blessing for pigmented lips like mine. But due to it's creamier consistency, it might bleed a bit, so I would suggest to pair it with a lip liner or wear a lip primer before you put this lipstick.

The color stays put for around 5 hours (without my bad habit of biting lips) and leaves a lovely stain behind.

The swatches of this lipstick are given below:



I use Rebel in two ways:
1. just dab the bullet on my lips to get a hint of color and it looks really natural and beautiful!
2. To get a sultry vampy look, I wear it full on and it's an aaahh-mazing shade to express boldness!

meeee wearing Rebel :D

Pair it with a smokey eye or classic pin up eyes, it goes with everything, suits almost every kind of skin tone and flatters anyone who wears it. Rebel immediately brightens my face when I wear it, no matter how dull my face is on that particular time.

An absolute repurchase for me.

Let me know what you feel for Rebel in comments.

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

2 comments:

  1. uff. . . my fav color. . if possible I could wear it everyday.why it had to be so bold for regular use!!!

    ReplyDelete