Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial


I have been trying for a long time to write a review for KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, but I am too lazy to write about skin care products. But here I am today, going to talk about this skin care item. If you want to know more about it then keep reading.


This is my first high end brand skin care product I bought with GREAT interest. I bought this product last year during the holiday season and it came with the Wild Rose Daily Brightening & Refining Buff Cleanser (review here) and I had to pay the price for the Sleeping Facial only, which is USD 48. Pretty good deal, eh? Oh I got it from Sephora. It comes in a glass jar with a plastic lid and there's another plastic thin layer to keep the product even more air tight.




About Korres: it's a Greek beauty company founded by Greek's oldest Homeopathy pharmacy. Korres is famous for making products that are natural and certified organic. 


This particular product is one of the best sellers of Sephora and I bought it without doing much research or anything, but yes, I was damn excited to try it out as soon as the packet arrived. It's a facial in a jar, that comes with wild rose oil, an ingredient famous for giving a natural healthy glow to the skin. I heard many talking about it's overwhelming fragrance but it NEVER bothered me much as I am a fragrance freak and personally I found the smell of roses really really relaxing! The wild rose extract is also a source of Vitamin C which soothes the skin, so as a result I never felt any irritation either. It contains 15% rose water for soothing skin and vitamin E, soybean oil, rosemary leaf extract, rose hip oil and jojoba for moisture as well.




This product is supposed to help even out skin tone and repair the look of fine lines. I don't know about fine lines as I didn't have any at least when I started using it, but I also, didn't see any spectacular change in the unevenness of my skin tone in 14 days (as claimed by the product) which is my primary concern always. But yes, when I continued using this product without any break, my skin texture improved dramatically, and the unevenness of my skin tone was less visible. The disappointment is that, once I stopped using this for a while the unevenness came back withing a couple of days. 


The texture of this cream isn't too heavy or too runny, it's just a medium thick cream that absorbs in the skin like magic. It's really really non greasy and non oily and non sticky. Absorbs in the skin super fast leaving no unpleasant greasy feeling behind. I have used it in the scorching summer of my country and never felt any extra oil added to my skin by it. The following pictures demonstrates it.





The way I used it: at night, 30 minutes before I hug my bed, I put a layer of this product on my face and wait for couple of minutes for the product to sink into my skin. The reason I applied it 30 minutes prior to sleeping is that I wanted this product to stay put on my skin, not transfer on my pillow. It's a leave on facial, you don't have to rinse it off.

Whenever I used this product, no matter how bad my skin condition was that time, I always woke up with a radiant glowing skin next morning, a plumped up skin that I frequently kept touching. I remember being too much stressed and depressed at that particular time and my skin was freaking out, but this product took care of my skin like a mother. My skin never felt deprived of the utmost care it needs and never left my skin looking stressed out or unloved ;)

2-3 times in a week I used to pair it with the exfoliator I received with the kit, and the skin felt amazing the next morning!


The shelf life of this product is 6 months only :( but I am glad that I depleted the product within 5 months :D


Though it didn't do anything remarkably good for the unevenness of my skin tone specially when I stopped using it, but still it's an absolute repurchase for me!


Did you use Korres wild rose sleeping facial? let me know how you find it.


Love and regards,

Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment