Monday, June 10, 2013

Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait: Orgueil, Swatch and Review!

Here comes the big boy!!!! Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait in Orgueil :D



Didn't I jump on my feet when I saw Christine from Temptalia wearing this color? I was like "OMG I want this color in my life"!!! I was confused between Gigolo and this one, though both has totally different formula but ahemmmm!!!! I am a sucker of packaging and this color attracted me more than Gigolo (no worries, I still have Gigolo in my wishlist) and I had to plan a lot to get my hands on this precious jewel (ahemmm the price tag!!) and also had to gather courage :/ but hey I got it anyways!!!!



I got mine from Sephora and ahemmmmm the price is USD 49.50 without tax. Don't give me looks! 

There are 6 more colors in this range and including this it's 7, after 7 sins. Orgueil, in French means Pride, if that helps!

This is that I call "OMG" packaging! When I first opened it, I was like "how do I open it" even the instructions were clearly mentioned there! Then somehow I opened it and bang! I had troubles closing it again (top secret: I still have that trouble). You have to pull the top and unscrew it to get the product. It comes with a mirror which snaps open as soon as you unscrew the top. Aaahhh!!! I call this magic :') but well the magic doesn't make it light weight though. It's a bit bulky and not travel friendly :(




It has a doe foot applicator that helps a lot to deliver the product evenly to your lips and also maintain your lip shape. 



Though the color is described as plum, but the color is very much complex as it appears different under different lighting. I would rather describe it as very deep wine or red with very strong berry undertone. But one thing is surely there, some red micro shimmers which appears when the color is hit by light. But once it has set on my lips the micro shimmers are almost invisible, just a very subtle yet gorgeous sheen is noticeable.



A hybrid between a lipstick and a gloss, L’Extrait is liquid yet creamy, velvety yet lightweight and SUPER pigmented. The color coverage is opaque and I need a very, I mean VERY little amount for one pass. It doesn't set immediately which makes the application easy as that! It doesn't feather or cling or feel heavy! It doesn't dry out my lips instead gives me a very creamy and moisturized feeling.



The color wears for almost as long as you want, if you don't take any heavy meals. but I have noticed even if I take my traditional heavy meals (super oily and rich) this stays on my lips with just a slight fading, like 20% fading. I wore it for 8hours without any fading, any feathering.

I absolutely love this product! I might not be purchasing too many lipsticks from this specific brand until I become a millionaire but the quality of this product, the packaging, in one WORD everything is so impressive that I will not hesitate to buy other colors from this line (well, Gourmandise is next). 

Do you have Orgueil? Don't you just love it?

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

P.S.: Including two photos of mine wearing this color in different light, if it helps you to spot the difference ;)




2 comments:

  1. Super.eye make up r pictorial Dio sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun! I am doing a blogpost on the eye make up, it's the classic smokey eye look, the most common one... will publish it when it's ready, so keep your eyes on the blog :D

      much love..

      Delete