Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review: MAC 217 Blending Brush

What MAC says about it:
"For shading or blending of colour or creamy products. This brush has fine, densely packed fibers that are arranged in an oval shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules." 


It is one of the MOST popular brushes sold by MAC and I have seen and heard many make up artists swear by this brush. It retails at USD 23 at MAC website or MAC stores. I have been using it for almost 2years now and if you want to know my verdict on this brush then you have to keep reading! ;)



Although the shape of the brush looks flat but it has a oval and curvy edges that fit in the crease very easily. The bristles are MAC's signature white color and looks absolutely stunning! The handle is wood crafted and black in color and metal plated ferrules. The bristles are made of white goat hair and are densely packed with a slight fluffiness that makes the blending super easy. The softness of the bristles doesn't irritate the eyes while blending or applying any product on the lid. It delivers color on the lid and the crease without any fallout.


The dome shape of this brush doesn't only blend eyeshadows properly but has many multitasking qualities. The shape and the density of the bristles allow it to use for creamier products as well.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!!!
 I can't think of doing make up without this little piece of magic wand which transforms my eyeshadows into "however I want it to be". It delivers products right into the place and blends the eyeshadow smoothly and creates a gradient of color. Not only blending eyeshadows, I also use it to conceal my under eye circles or any spot on my face, I use it to contour my nose. As mentioned above, it IS a multitasking brush and it does whatever you want it to do (magic wand, as I said).

At times I feel like ONLY this brush alone is enough to complete my eyeshadow jobs as it can build up the color according to my preference, I can also use it to apply loose pigments or cream products. The shape of this brush also helps to apply colors on my lids.


The only problem is the price. MAC has been continuously increasing the price of this brush and I wonder where they are going to end up with the price. No matter what, I will always be repurchasing it whenever I need.

I absolutely recommend this brush to each and every girl on earth who has even a tinsy bit of interest in make up. I know you are thinking that "I can go without this brush" but trust me girlies, once you start using it, you will be thinking "how the hell I lived so long without having it in my life"!!!

Did you use MAC 217? Let me know in comments!

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

No comments:

Post a Comment