Saturday, June 15, 2013

A little Something I have tried: Pink Purple and Gold!


This is an eye make up I did in the middle of the night (my insomnia!) just to try my new Inglot eyeshadows. Didn't make any pictorial then but I shared it with my facebook page members and they highly appreciated it and I was asked to recreate the make up with pictorials. If you are interested how I did this look then keep reading!

As I am bad with describing colors, I have included the pictures of the eyeshadows I have used in every step. Hope this helps you rather than me trying to explain the colors.

Here it goes!

Step 01:
Start with applying primer on your lid and crease and wherever you need it. I have used my all time favorite UDPP in original. Also you can use tape to create a sharp edge for the look.

Step 02:
With a blending brush like MAC 217, apply a pink color on your crease and blend it out. I have used the darkest one from this trio.


Step 03:
With a pencil brush like Sigma E30, apply a matte purple on your crease and blend it with the pink one. I have used the darkest one from this trio.



Step 04:
Again with a pencil brush, layer a matte plum color on top of the matte eyeshadow you have applied before and blend with a blending brush. I have used Inglot 375.


Step 05:
Again layer a plum purple eyeshadow (pearl finish eyeshadow will work better) on top of the plum eyeshadow you have applied before with a pencil brush and blend well. I have used Inglot 446.


Step 06:
Apply a golden eyshadow base on the lid. I have used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Gold and blended it out with my finger.



Step 07:
On top of the golden base apply an orange-ish gold with an eyeshadow brush like MAC 239 and blend with the crease colors. I have used Smashbox Ambient Eyeshadow.



Step 08:
Take a dark midnight blue eyeshadow and with a pencil brush ctreate a V shape on the outer edge and blend very well along the crease line.
*This step is totally optional. You can do it or skip it according to you choice. I love to do this part because I think it makes the outer V look more defined and vibrant and adds depth to the color.



Step 09:
Highlight your browbone and inner tear duct. I have highlighted mine with UD Virgin eyeshadow with Sigma E30 and MAC 266 brushes.



Step 10:
If you are not precise with creating a bold winged eyeliner like me, then don't take off the tape. Apply  eyeliner on your upper lid with the tape still on. Then remove the tape and and tightline your upper and lower water line. Apply eyeliner on your bottom lash line. Apply falsies (optional) and mascara and you're done!

I believe this look can be easily created and it's a bold look. You can pair both light lips and dark lips with it depending on your preference.

One more thing I would like to add. This look can be an engagement party look or anniversary look. People who love minimal bridal make up can also go for this. Anyways, these are my opinions only!







Let me know if this helps!

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

11 comments:

  1. a great post.especially liked the way you used the small pics to show us the eyeshadows.Will try it out with the matching colors in my collection :D though most of my collection contains neutral colors as i'm a freak for neutral looks !! :| but i'll try to manage colors for this look.
    You awesome btw ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!!! I am really happy that you liked the idea and yes, I think from now on I am going to show the eyeshadows I use in the inset!

      thanks a lot for the compliments... means a lot :)

      xo

      Delete
    2. apu keep up the good work :D i even liked your eye lining technique at the lower lash line ^_^

      Delete
    3. aaawwwww thanks a lot hun!!!! it's a common practice in our country sweetie, lots of bridal make over contains this kind of eye liner, but in a much bolder way :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. a great tutorial.gnna try it soon.the captions ws a brilliant idea.btw,can u tell me,which blush u used??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaawwwww thanks a lot! it's Posy Pink by Smashbox.

      xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you dost... your appreciation always means the MOST!!!

      much love :* <3

      Delete
  4. I am just a beginner.I don't have any good collection of makeup. Can you suggest me some eye shadows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hun it will COMPLETELY depend on your budget and your preference of colors... you can start with BH Cosmetics or Coastal Scents...

      Delete
  5. Hey there amazing post really loved it the eyelook turned out superb, i dont wanna sound rude or anything so r u okay with constructive criticism

    ReplyDelete