Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette: quick review and swatch


I am doing this very short and quick review and swatch post on Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette. It's available at Sephora and Urban Decay website, priced at USD 49.
I have already used this palette few times since I got it as a gift from my friend in the moth of May and I can swear I haven't found anything to complain about this palette.


The color payoff is insane and they stay put for almost as long as you want. I have seen very less fall outs with these pressed pigments. If you are a fan of bold and bright colors and if you want to invest in a high end brand, then this palette is an ultimate fix for you!

The palette comes with a double ended brush which I find quite useful as well. (if you want I can do a quick review on that brush too, just leave your comment below!).

                                    Top (L-R) : Revolt, Gonzo, Slowbur, Savage, Fringe
                                    Bottom (L-R): Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, Thrash

Let me describe the colors a bit (reminding you, I suck at it):

Revolt: Metallic silver with silver glitter. The glitters are just a tad bit chunky and tend to fall out compared to the other shadows, but if you use an eyeshadow base it works better.

Gonzo: turquoise with a matte finish. it's a beautifully bright color which is wearable as well.

Slowburn: it's a bright orange color with red tones. I thought this might be powdery, but it blends really well without any fall out!

Savage: it's a bright pink color with matte texture. excellent color pay off. I have used it as blush as well :P

Fringe: it's a metallic teal and my most favorite color from this palette!

Chaos: its a bright blue color and is almost matte finished.

Jilted: "a bright metallic fuchsia with blue shift" that's how UD describes it ;) it's my second favorite color from this palette!

Urban: it;s a metallic purple and has awesome color pay off, my third favorite from the palette. 

Freak: bright green, or neon green you can say. 

Thrash: it's a lime green color with golden frost.

Here are some quick swatches of the pressed pigments from the palette:



I hope you find this post useful!

Love and regards,
Eeshita.

2 comments: