Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage

What MAC says about this product: An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.


The primer comes in a black opaque bottle and this kind of annoyed me as I can't know when it will run out. Well it comes with a pump which is hygienic and delivers the right amount. 

I agree with MAC upto a certain extent. Yes, this primer calms and soothes the skin and improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder. The primer has small right reflecting particles in it and it can make your skin glow and look healthy. Yes, when I apply the primer my skin becomes so smooth that I keep touching my skin! It does improve the base of foundation. Well, that might be my opinion but I feel like you can wear this primer alone and your skin will look fresh, not dull! I don't know if it evens out the redness as I never face that problem. Here's a comparison of before applying the primer and after applying the primer (Do you see the sparkly things?):



But it does NOT blot away or help to control my oil at all. The light reflecting particles does help to achieve a glowy skin, but I feel like it makes me look darker after a few hours! My bad.... 

It was $26.50 when I bought it and I find it a bit pricey. 

Okay, so the verdict: I mix this primer with other oil control primers to achieve a glowy look along with some oil control properties! works fine for me.

I would of course recommend it if you have normal to dry skin. But for oily skin, you have to make sure to use some other products that control your oil along with it and you're good to go! 


Much love and respect,
Eeshita

No comments:

Post a Comment