Sunday, March 25, 2012

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer: A confusing product for me!

 Concealer. It is kind of your best friend if you do not have a flawless skin and your foundation doesn't cover that much. You want your concealer to make you more beautiful and not to set in your lines when you smile and to stay put even in the rain, the humidity, the snow or to the disco where you break the floor dancing! ;)

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer does that well but still leaves me confused whether to love it or hate it!

 It is one of those sticky products which is hard to blend and you end up hating this product and cursing it like hell! Do I really hate it? NO, for God's sake!!!!
Housed in a paint pot style jar, this is a super pigmented product and doesn't need you to apply a huge amount; that is a little goes a long way! I bought it when it was $16.50.

Yes, it is difficult as hell to blend. At first I tried to apply with my fingers and it made me super cakey, setting up in my lines and creasing and what not! I started hating it as usual, but then again I thought to give it a second chance, so started using it again, but this time with a blending brush. Guess what? I ended up liking this little thing! No, its NOT my HG product, and I am going to try some liquid concealers recently, but still this product is kind of amazing if you are a patient blender! lol ;)

It creases a bit if you don't set it with a powder but it lasts long and does lighten my under eye circles and my acne scars. Well, I have two chicken pox scars on my face and this concealer couldn't help me hiding those. :(

I am NC 35 in this concealer and now comes the saddest part if you are thinking to give this little pot a try: MAC has discontinued most of the shades in this concealer and you will be lucky to find your shade only if you're NW 20, NW25, NC 20, NC 30.

I will definitely recommend this product if you want a long wearing concealer and you don't mind blending!

Much love and respect,
Eeshita

No comments:

Post a Comment